We Represent Clients Injured in Bus Accidents
Niagara Falls Bus Accident Attorney
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides rules and regulations to promote safety on the highways for interstate bound buses and trucks. Bus companies, drivers and mechanics must comply with these safety requirements and regulations. Bus drivers must be trained and certified. Bus driver safety issues include:
- Must pass thorough background check;
- Bus driver must be properly trained and certified;
- Currently licensed with valid, up to date license;
- Knowledge of and compliance with all applicable bus driver rules;
- Maximum driving times – specific number of hours per day and week;
- Brake systems operating knowledge and mastery;
- Emergency window release with pull or lift handles;
- Emergency door exit with and without power fail;
- Many other regulations and rules.
Bus companies are legally responsible for their drivers, mechanics and other employees as well as the condition of their buses. The following types of buses are found in the local area:
- School bus
- NFTA Metro buses
- Shuttle bus
- Charter bus
- Airport shuttle
- Tour bus
- Other types of buses
Choosing the Right Bus Accident Attorney
Having experienced personal injury attorneys handling your claim will improve the likelihood of a recovery for your severe injuries and the future medical expenses and lost earnings along with the pain and suffering that you experienced.
At Viola Cummings & Lindsay, LLP, our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in litigating bus accident cases on behalf of injured drivers and passengers. We will pursue the negligent party to ensure you receive full compensation for your injuries whether by settlement or trial. Our personal injury lawyers have extensive trial experience handling bus accident cases for our clients and for clients referred to us from other firms.